Real avant-gardist, Calanus® is developing a new bio-industry with the copepod Artic Calanus Finmarchicus. Exclusively distributed by Seanova, it represents the most renewable and usable resources from the northern region of Norway. Calanus covers the entire value chain, developing technology and expertise allowing sustainable fishing process and bio-processing of the species.
Many scientific documentations and clinical studies prove the properties of that marine oil. Indeed, this innovation has obtained the status Novel Food in 2017, and is currently in the process to obtain the MSC certification.
The advantages of oil:
These are some of the benefits that have been documented in preclinical trials:
- Against intra-abdominal obesity
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Powerful anti-inflammatory activity thanks to several mechanisms of action
- Against fatty non-alcoholic liver diseases
- Improves endurance and oxygen absorption
Calanus® made a short film about harvesting Calanus Finmarchicus outside the magnificent Lofoten and Vesterålen. View
In addition, if you wish to out more about it : www.calanus.no